Wednesday, October 12, 2011

So Close to the Start of Something New.

Kinda crazy to think that my show is in two days. 
In two days it will be over. Done. Finished. 
And then what? A next performance of this piece? A brand new one? A version of this?
I don’t know, and that’s what is so riveting about this job. 
I couldn’t be happier about where I am with this creation. I had my final rehearsal today before our tech rehearsal on Friday right before the actual show. It was great. I feel great. I know it can be great. It will be great when I let go and let this piece release from me. 
There are so many words to remember. Just so many words. But, I think I’m good when it comes to memorization of this one-man show. I’m so ready to get it up on its feet in front of my family and friends. It’s time.
This piece has made me look at my whole spectrum of dreams and do a bit of re-evaluation of it all: What is it that I want to be doing in this world of theatre? What do I truly want to be doing with this art? What road should I be traveling down?
All I know is that I love this work I’m doing with my cabaret. Kinda obsessed with it actually. 
I can make a difference with this kind of creation. I feel strong in this format, stronger than I have felt in an artistic mode, and that’s exciting to me.
More to come on all of this. There’s gonna be some searching of the soul after this performance. Different paths are to be taken and I am excited. I’m excited.
Here we go! It’s time to take off and soar.   

No comments:

Post a Comment