Monday, December 24, 2012

Take us out Ezra.

From the moment I heard him sing at our first rehearsal as Sweeney Todd himself, I knew Ezra Axelrod was going places. And he did, with his husband, to London... 

Summer 2009 is filled joyfully to the brim with memories of my time across the pond, catching up with family, throwing myself into intense dance classes, and hanging with Ezra and his husband David. Ezra was the guy I always looked up to at Midd. He's strong, funny, intelligent, talented, and most of all inspiring. 

When I was putting this concert together, I immediately thought of Ezra. While people would be expecting all musical theatre people (well, if they knew me that is), I wanted to step outside of my box. Ezra's original music, even with it's pop flare, is ridden with emotion, humor, and ingenuity, making it the perfect choice to wrap up our first FRESH PRODUCE concert. 

Thank you for joining Schuyler and The Flies on this journey. Hurricane Sandy, you're (still) a bitch for not only canceling our concert, but also creating so much chaotic havoc for many people in the New York and New Jersey area. But here we are, together in one way or another, not necessarily moving up, not necessarily moving forward, but moving somewhere. And somewhere is better than nowhere. 

Happy holidays everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment