Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chatzy.

Melissa was the first person that I ever would call to chat even after an entire high school day together. She was my first friend for that.

I'll always remember coming out to Melissa. I was a sophomore at Middlebury and we were chatting on AIM (oh the days). We had kept in reasonable contact post high school, but not as much as we had throughout. We talked everyday during high school, then suddenly our new lives just took over. And we were fine with it. 

But there was still a tie, a tie that truly held me to only two people in high school. I wish it had been more, but 'tis the way the cat catches the yarn tip. (I just made that up; make of it what you will).

"Melissa, I have something to tell you."

"Ok."

"I'm gay."

"Great Sky."

Or something like that... You get the point. I think my favorite part was when I saw her over the next vacation, she told me that she thought that it was gonna be either that or I hooked up with a girl, finally. 

I'm so happy that we've reconnected after our college days. We've changed immensely, yet we still find our same banter atop our new groundings. That's true friendship. 

Here's Melissa, the IBM Marketing gal, singing "Your Girlfriend" by Katie Thompson. Happy watching!


1 comment:

  1. Such fun to check in and see you both here. . . Nice work.

    ReplyDelete