Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Theme Song.

To sing this song meant having to step outside of my comfort box, a step I became more familiar with during my stint in The Stonewall Sensation (the American Idol-esque competition I was in this past fall). Singing to/at bar people - who were barely listening to me squeak out what I could of a pop song (all I could do was try to incorporate any kind of belt I could fathom within the wispy chords of radio's candy) - was a HUGE challenge I was only slightly staying above water for.

Now here I am, posting to the world another moment of stepping from the box into the "pop" category. I almost didn't post this: "It's not perfect, really weak at times actually. I can't have that on the internet!"

But I'm gonna put it up. I'm proud of the few baby steps I've taken to launch off of the setting laurels of belting my face off in gut-wrenching songs. This video is up to remind myself that easing up a bit and being relaxed is bringing a whole new quality to my voice I didn't know was there. 

Here I am singing Jay Brannan's "Housewife". This is my theme song, and has been for a while. I think it explains a lot about me as a human.

Happy watching!




No comments:

Post a Comment