Friday, December 7, 2012

"NOW A CHARLESTON!"


January 2009. Middlebury College Music Department's production of "Gypsy". 

Role of a lifetime, with the best scene partner anyone could ever ask for. 

"I need a haircut so badly..." 

I had just been down in Florida with the swim team for our annual training trip, and the combination of chlorine from double practice days in addition with my daily application of Sun-In (to achieve a balanced perfection of the sun-kissed look) had completely fried my hair. 

Just straw.

"I cut hair!" Emily piped in. One of her clients, Dave Birr, had considerably the best "flow" of campus... 

Hair dresser found! AND, we could catch up before rehearsals started.

"Just cut off the dead stuff." I still needed length on top for the classic musical theatre side-part, aka, a gel-helmet.

Chop.

Inches of frayed gold fell from the front of my head to the floor. With a gasp, I knew immediately I'd be going through a bottle of Hair-Net a night to keep down my "freshly mown lawn" length hair down as I twirled around the stage. 

"I cut all the dead stuff off like you told me too!!!"

And that she did. Goodbye blonde... I guess I am supposed to be brunette.

This is just one of the many adventures I've journeyed with this gal. I know there are going to be so many more, and I look forward to every time we can get together, expecting and knowing hilarity to come, intertwined within our expeditions.

Here's Emily singing "I'm So Happy" by Jill Abramovitz and Joy Son. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment