Thursday, February 23, 2012

One Year: Part 10

10. HAPPY SONGS
This past December was insanely busy with catering work. Pure insanity. Don’t get me wrong, I was so grateful for the work, but I was dead by the time I headed back to Guilford for Christmas. 
What got me through those tough gigs and long days was a playlist I pieced together from my iTunes library of showtunes, random pop, Bobolinks, and more showtunes: “Happy Songs”. Whether to and from a catering event, that playlist played; instantly I was reminded that life is great.
There’s one song from my playlist I can listen to on repeat: my great friend Emily Kron singing “What’s Up”. (I totally ripped it from YouTube so I can have it wherever I go.)

Have a listen. You’ll totally regret it if you don’t.


Then I realized... I love listening to happy songs. I love listening to my friends sing. I love performing with my friends. 
I wanna sing happy songs with my fabulous friends.  
So I’m lumping these all together and putting together a concert for the spring:
“Reasons to Be Happy”
A Concert Introducing
Schuyler and The Flies 
An evening of happy songs sung by myself and my four fierce girl-friends: Melissa Greco, Raina Lynn Crawford, Michaela Lieberman, and Emily Kron. It’s gonna be a celebration of being happy. Simple as that. 
I’m also hoping that Schuyler and The Flies can go on to do more concerts in the future such as a Disney concert (obviously...), a Holiday concert, etc. Basically, it will be an ongoing opportunity to get together with friends, perform, and be happy. What’s better than that? (The answer is nothing.)
More details to come soon... Stay tuned. 

1 comment: