Saturday, February 18, 2012

One Year: Part 4

4. HAVING THE CARD
These past few weeks, I have been so grateful to have my Equity Card. With this little green card, I’m able to be seen at so many more auditions than before. Each time I get to audition, I find new nuances in which to highlight that relay positively and strongly in the audition room. 
Auditioning - while similar to - is quite different from performing onstage. You have to make your audition for a usually small, fluorescently lit room with few people watching. Instead of making moments big and flashy, one can pull back and still the body, accentuating actions played in the scene with the spot on the wall above the heads of the paneled creative team. A new audition is a new chance to hone in on those skills, bettering with each time.
Now it’s time to land a gig. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment