Thursday, February 16, 2012

One Year: Part 3

3. SEA DREAMS
I have always wondered what it would be like to go out to sea and sing on a cruise ship. At first, the idea worried me. I would have to leave all the possibilities the city provides of getting a job in theatre. If you’re not here to audition, you won’t get a job onstage. 
But this would be a way to travel, and be paid to do so...
Is this me running away from the city though? Am I simply tired of the rejection and the inability to land another gig and want out? 
But this could be an opportunity to pay of my student loans and start putting some money into my savings...
Would this only be a temporary conclusion for my fears of not be talented enough to make it here? 
But being on a cruise line could be a really cool performance opportunity...
I put in my application to work on Princess Cruise lines this past week and I’m waiting to hear back. If I do, I’ll go from there

No comments:

Post a Comment