Monday, February 20, 2012

One Year: Part 7

7. DATNG NYC
The last thing you readers heard about my love life was the absolutely wonderful Kavin. We unfortunately have split up after some self-realizations on each end, understanding that the timing was just not right for us. While it was so hard to come to this decision, I knew it was right for both of us. 
Kavin taught me how to communicate with the one I love, and I will forever be grateful to him for that. I now see how important explaining where I am, how I am feeling, makes for two adults working together rather than two kids holding in growing resentments towards each other. 
I realized that I needed to be single in the city. Coming here, I was so excited to have a plethora of men to meet and date. In turn, I felt the need to meet as many as I could, hoping with each (as always) to find the one, my one, as fast as I could. I’m seeing now that I have time, and this time should be focused on understanding myself more and more as an individual entity. 
Have I gone on a few dates during my single-dom? Yes, I have. I’m not going to lie to you and say that I have been truly single, separating myself completely from the gay-dating world. 
What has been is casual and infrequent. I mean, does a boy refuse if a guy wants to bring him out? I think not... :-)
Right now, I’m in a relationship with New York City, and loving it. 
I love NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment